By Melanie Martz, M.A. | February 4, 2019
When I start something new or am researching a new opportunity or venture, I always wish there was a quick snapshot of what it is, what I need to know, and how to get started. To help new and prospective students navigate starting with Marian’s adult and online programs (MAP), we created an infographic with some important information. See it below!
What is MAP?
- MAP offers a convenient way to earn a degree completely online while still focusing on a career.
- Classes are offered in an accelerated format.
What does “accelerated” mean?
- Accelerated courses have the same content, quality, and rigor required by traditional face-to-face, 16-week courses.
- A three credit course typically requires 135 hours of course engagement.
How can I be successful in MAP?
- Have the appropriate supplies; a reliable computer, Internet, and required course materials.
- Expect to engage in course material multiple times a week—most successful students log in to the course daily.
- Plan ahead and try to stay on top of course work.
I’ve heard myths about online learning and online degrees; what’s true?
- An online degree is equivalent to a degree obtained via the traditional face-to-face format.
- You do not have to be tech savvy to take an online course!
- Although online courses don’t require you to be online at specific times, there are still important deadlines you will want to observe.