Transfer Credit Approval
All current Marian University students who wish to take one or more courses at another college or university must read, understand and complete the below two steps.
1. Read requirements and statements for transferring credit
- If the course is a required course in the major, the student must have consent from their academic advisor that they will take this transfer course as equivalent to the required major course.
- The student is responsible for checking with the department to verify grade requirements in their major, as they may require a “C” or higher.
- The student must receive a “C-“ or above in course(s) or they will not transfer.
- Nursing students, must check with the School of Nursing to find out if they will accept a C- for these courses or if they will require a “C” or “C+”. A grade of “B” or higher is required for science pre-requisites in the School of Nursing if the transfer school does not have a +/- grading system (example: Ivy Tech Community College).
- The credit for transfer course(s) will be applied to the student’s total credit hours, but the grades for these courses will not transfer and will not be calculated into my Marian University grade point average.
- Residency waivers that are granted for a student to take the course(s) outside of Marian’s residency policy are only valid for one year from the approval date.
- If the student chooses not to take courses that have been approved, they must notify the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.
2. Follow the approval process
- Print the Transfer Course Approval Form and complete the form using the following steps.
- Visit the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) to find the course equivalent. If the course does not have an equivalent, please provide a course description from the host institution webpage.
- Confirm that the course is offered during the semester which you intend to take it at the host institution, prior to completing and submitting your request.
- Set up a time to meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss this option. Their signature will be required for courses in the major.
- If required, get the signatures for overload and residency waiver.
- Return the completed form to The Office of the Registrar in Marian Hall 104 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow five business days processing for the Registrar’s Office to review your completed request and send you an email response.
Questions should be directed to The Office of the Registrar at email@example.com or 317-955-6050