The requirements for Marian’s MAT program are:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75
- A criminal history check through the Indiana State Police
Basic Academic Skills Proficiency
Prospective students are no longer required to earn a minimum score on the SAT, ACT, GRE, or CASA to be considered for admission into the Transition to Teaching or Master of Arts in Teaching programs at Marian University.
However, prospective students must demonstrate proficiency in basic academic skills. Marian University requires you to submit one of the assessments listed below. (Applicants are not required to earn a minimum score for admission. ALL applications will be considered).
- Indiana CORE Academic Skills Assessment (CASA)
- Praxis I: Pre-Professional Skills Test
- Earned Master’s degree with Official Transcript